It takes over 300 steps to make this all-leather Brogan - we use a goodyear welt and the leather is finished with olive oil (but you should use shoe polish!) This is perhaps our favorite colored boot in the 2018 collection - it's lighter shade will darken up naturally the more you wear them. The more you wear them, the more comfortable they get. And, like us, they just get better with age.
The Brogan is the fourth installment in our military-inspired collection of footwear. Our first is the Current Issue, second is the Service Boot, and third is the Boondocker. This Goodyear full-welt leather boot is inspired by the 19th century boots of the Marine Corps. Marines that served from 1805-1892 might have worn the 'military bootie' aka, the brogan. Because our founder is a former Marine, we're starting from today and going back remaking USMC footwear to 1775 when our beloved Corps was founded at Tun Tavern.
- Goodyear Full-Welt Construction With Slip Resistant Soles. This goodyear welt is a traditional, old-school manufacturing method which prevents sole separation and allows boots to be resoled.
- Hand Finished Olive Oil Rubbed Leather Vamp & Shaft. Width appropriate for D or E width. 6'' height.
- Comfortable. Cushioned, Sole. Steel shank for arch and footbed support. Platform approx .4'' and heel height approx 1.5'' including shock absorbing heel cap.
- Free Protective Travel Bag. Two all-cotton drawstring dustbags included boots for travel and storage.
- Made in Spain using US lasts, Spanish leather & American design.