Our Boondocker balances rugged & handsome in a very wearable lace-up. Crafted in rough-out leather, our all-leather vamp & shaft ride on comfortable, cushioned soles made from recycled tires! This boot strikes a strong, durable silhouette. A pair of Boondocker's in your arsenal creates a very real danger of you leaving the rest of your shoes ignored; unless your other shoes are Ranch Road Boots!
The Boondocker is the third installment in our military-inspired collection of footwear. Our first is the Current Issue and second is the Service Boot. This Goodyear full-welt leather boot is inspired by the mid 20th century boots of the Marine Corps. Marines that served from 1941-1953 might have worn the 'p1941 USMC Field Service Shoe' aka, the boondocker. Because our founder is a former Marine, we're starting from today and going back remaking USMC footwear to 1775 when our beloved Corps was founded at Tun Tavern.
- Goodyear Full-Welt Construction With Recycled Tire Soles. Traditional, old-school manufacturing method prevents sole separation and allows boots to be resoled.
- Rough Out, All Leather Vamp & Shaft. Width appropriate for D or E width. 6'' height.
- Comfortable. Cushioned, Sole Constructed from Recycled Rubber Tires and Belting. Steel shank for arch and footbed support. Platform approx .4'' and heel height approx 1.5'' including shock absorbing heel cap.
- Free Protective Travel Bag. Two all-cotton drawstring dustbags included boots for travel and storage.
- Made In Spain utilizing US lasts, Spanish and Italian Leathers, and American design.
From purchase to request for post facto refund on a Black Friday sale, everything went extremely well. Boots (boondockers) fit perfectly and are well worth the expense. Will be doing business again for my next pair of boots.
Compared to the competition, there is no comparison. Most comfortable, most good-looking, most support, most traction, most comfort (I think I mentioned that.)
I took these boots to Acadia NP in their shipping box. Hiked a few hundred miles (wife thought I was nuts!) with absolutely no issues. My hike broke them in just fine. The leather RRB uses is amazing. So (!!!) comfortable.
I've owned Wolverines and RedWings and if your decision is between one of those and RRB (prices are about the same), then I can help you make your decision --- RRB all the way. Not even close.